A bit about Artist Josh Kirkham

My name is Josh Kirkham. I'm a Landscape Painter out of Las Vegas NV! I’ve been painting for just over 13 months and I have more than 90 sales in my young career.

My intro into painting was a sad one... My wife lost her mother in late 2018. In order to cope with the sadness of our family’s loss, I started watching Bob Ross’s old shows on Netflix. For my birthday in 2019, my wife bought me the Bob Ross Brush Set and Paints! I quickly got to work painting using the techniques I learned from Ross' tutorials.


After a short while, I stopped trying to copy Ross’s Paintings and started creating my own compositions using the Wet on Wet technique his books had taught me.

Today I have my own YouTube channel where I share the
techniques I've learned over my short career in an attempt to help inexperienced painters get over the anxiety of trying something new.

Josh would love hearing from you. You can connect with him and/or purchase his work by clicking the links below.




**Photos used in this blog post are the property of Josh Kirkham and may not be reproduced without his permission.

4 comments:

  1. Josh, thank you for sharing your talent with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What am awesome and sad story! What a hidden talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wishing you the best of luck for all your blogging efforts. 1980 art movement

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You. Produits écologiques

    ReplyDelete

Easter 2024

      Easter seemed to be early this year, so I checked the earliest and latest dates it can fall, which can be anywhere from March 22 to Ap...