The Year in Review ~ by Bou Kitteh

Well, while Mom is busy, I thought I’d give you an update on 2019 from my perspective. You know I see things differently because I’m only inches from the floor—even though I can jump on certain high surfaces, on others when no one is looking. **paw to mouth snickers.

January, February, and March were dreadful! All that white stuff out there, no one to watch, and the birds weren’t cooperating, either! You’d think with a tree strung with yummy popcorn and berries outside, they’d be grateful. I guess the weather kept them under wraps, too.

April came and it was a breath of fresh air! There were chipmunks! Holy moly…those little things can move so fast! Darting back and forth on the patio. I felt like I was watching one of those tennis things mom watches. My neck hurt by the end of that day! A few squirrels came by, one even up to the door, brazen little brat. Not sure what that one thought, but there was no way I’d be letting it inside. Not on my watch!

My boy surprised my mom one Sunday. He put together the most

amazing urban garden. He painted the bricks and placed them just so and helped plant them. It was cool. They didn’t know I watched, but I did. My boy is a good boy. **eye blinks.

The summer was icky, only because that noisy wall thing was running all the time! There was no fresh air, only the cool stuff coming out of the wall. Scared me when it turned on and off. I was thankful I could hide under the couch or under the beds! Some of the summer storms had me running, too.

September and October were unremarkable, for me at least. I sat
and did some editing, listened to some good music, and took a lot of naps on mom’s lap, of course! **kitteh grins.

Here we are in December. Mom’s been busy editing and writing. My boy leaves every morning and comes home late. I don’t like that much. I like it better when he is here. He gives the best head and whisker rubs. **kitteh sigh.

Now, I’m sure that the pine cones are in the vase and the fancy
wreath is on the door, it won’t be long until that prickly green thing with all those lights and ornaments goes up…and I will be told countless times
 to leave it alone. Yeah, well, it bores me. Give me the patio door and the critters outside. That’s more my style. Although, that cute little mouse on the tree fascinates me.

It’s been a good year for this kitteh. I’m with two people who love me. I have lots of toys, although a girl could use more **Christmas present hint**, I’m warm, not hungry or thirsty, and I wish all kittehs could have this luxury.

Please, if you’re thinking your home needs a new kitteh, go to your local animal shelter and adopt. You won’t be sorry. Whomever you choose to love will love you back a hundredfold, I guarantee.

Happy holidays, everyone. Eat and drink responsibly and keep Uber on speed dial. (No Uber's needed here, but maybe a wee bit of the nip every now and again. **paw to mouth snicker)

Kitteh hugs and kisses to all.

Bou  =^.^=


6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Bou. Make sure to tell your mom to hang your stocking so that Santa can fill it with kitty treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to review the year, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Bou!!! Love Auntie JenπŸŽ…πŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes Life Does Imitate Art

  The book I’m currently working on features a protagonist who is an assistant manager at a food bank. The idea came to me because I love vo...