Hearts in Nature ~ by Jacquolyn McMurray


Rachel Walker on Unsplash
Ahhh, February. That time of year when we see heart shapes everywhere we look, especially in the media. 





Heart shapes. Symbols of love and reminders of those we love. 

Have you ever noticed how many heart shapes Mother Nature has given us? They are there for your enjoyment, if you just look. 

Photo by Jacquolyn McMurray

Cherimoya, one of my favorite sub-tropical fruits, grows on our farm. Its skin is rather leathery, but the fruit inside is creamy. Some folks call it the custard apple.




Photo by Jacquolyn McMurray

Several plants have leaves that form a heart shape. This four-leaf clover has hearts within hearts if you look carefully.


Photo by Jacquolyn McMurray



Don't you love the pattern in this leaf?





Photo by Jacquolyn McMurray



On our treks to the beach, I'm always on the look out for heart-shaped coral. Beachcombing takes on a different meaning when your focus is finding symbols of love. This piece of coral is sitting on a heart-shaped chunk of lava rock. 


Photo by Jacquolyn McMurray
Every time I discover another heart shape in nature, I think of it as being surrounding by love. On your next walk, see how many symbols of love you can find in nature. 






Please click HERE to view other posts by Jacquolyn.




3 comments:

  1. The anthurium are beautiful. I loved working with all of the tropicals when we had them at the flower shop. Mainly only in special orders and funeral work, but they are so gorgeous. My favorite is torch ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The torch ginger is a stunning flower. I'm partial to anything heart-shaped in nature, so the anthuriums are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never realized there were so many heart shaped objects in nature. Thanks for sharing your knowledge on that.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes Life Does Imitate Art

  The book I’m currently working on features a protagonist who is an assistant manager at a food bank. The idea came to me because I love vo...