Love Those Dragons! ~ by Linda Boulanger


There’s no denying that dragons are one of the most beloved mythological creatures. As an author who dabbles in dragon shifter fantasy and a book cover designer who has had the privilege of designing numerous covers in the same genre, my love for them grows with each and every book. But I wanted to know why others love them so much?

WHAT IS IT that makes dragons so doggone irresistible?

To find out, I went to one place I know dragon lovers like to hang out...  my very own Facebook author group, Linda’s Dragon Guardians.

I asked the simple question: Why do you love dragons?

Here is what they had to say:

In a nutshell, dragons are awe-inspiring and magnificent. They are symbols of honor, possessing power and wisdom. Protective, strong, and beautiful, they are intensely loyal, majestic, graceful, and downright magical.



 In the world of shifters, we believe most dragons to be loving, loyal, and true to their mates. Those are coveted traits in anyone… or anything. Not just in dragons, though I'm sure glad that's the way we see them... the good ones, anyway.

We also can’t deny that these magnificent beasts inspire our imaginations. They often let us fly away, providing a respite into another world, if only for a little while.


 



And there are times when we might just see ourselves in them.









It’s fun to dream of a life filled with these magnificent beings that open up a world of magic. Roald Dahl is quoted as saying “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”





How about you? What do you believe? Have you found the magic?
Do you love dragons? If so, I'd love it if you'd take a minute and tell me why.


(Images licensed to and designs created by Linda Boulanger with Tell~Tale Book Covers)

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! I know dragons and fantasy are a part of your writing and many others. You tell the stories well. Thanks for sharing your knowledge on dragons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace. I enjoyed dabbling in the "why" side.

      Delete
  2. LOVE it!! So well done! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely post. I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much... for your comment and being one of my wonderful Guardians who added her input. <3

      Delete
  5. I love how strong they are. But not just in strength but strength in loving those they respect, love, trust and loyalty. This are traits we look to find in anyone not just dragons. But then there is the magic that they have. I think we all believe in magic. Great post Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! I agree and appreciated your input. <3

      Delete
  6. Wow, I just love the post and love how you put so much time into doing this and finding out how we think of these magnificent creatures!! Oh to be a dragon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing, Linda. You do amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I truly love dragons for their honor, strength and beauty or awesomeness when they are fierce!! I love the fantasy of them and their world! The protectiveness!! I believe them better than most people!! Awe to be loved by a good honerable, handsome, decient, loving creature as they!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. New web site is looking good. Thanks for the great effort. find Chicago marriage counseling

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes Life Does Imitate Art

  The book I’m currently working on features a protagonist who is an assistant manager at a food bank. The idea came to me because I love vo...