♫ Raindrops Keep Falling ♫...everywhere! ~ by Kristine Raymond

Copyright ©Deposit photos

It's been a rainy winter here in Kentucky.  Not that I mind.  I'll take rain over the white stuff any day...well, except at Christmas.  A white Christmas is a must!  But, back to the warmer form of precipitation.


Have you ever noticed how many different kinds of rain there are?  

A sudden burst when the sky opens up like the heavens turned on a faucet; lasting mere minutes before the clouds dissipate and the sun shines again.  

The all-day (and night) downpour that leaves you wondering if you should gather your Ark-building materials.
Copyright ©Deposit photos


The storm that rolls in across the mountains, dark clouds gathering as thunder echoes off the peaks.




A gentle spring shower, the kind that's perfect for long walks and splashing through puddles.

Copyright ©Deposit photos

I adore the rain.  I love everything about it.  From that earthy scent that rises up after a dry spell (there's a word for that, believe it or not.  Petrichor.  You're welcome) to the sound it makes hitting the roof as I'm drifting off to sleep.  The earth-shaking booms and flashes of lightning that accompany a summer thunderstorm and the cold drizzle that muffles the crunch of fallen leaves as autumn gives way to winter.

But what I love best is its superpower.  You didn't know it has one?  It does.  I mean, what else has the ability to wash away the dust and grime and make the world appear fresh and clean again?  

Copyright ©Deposit photos


 

2 comments:

  1. You are so right. Rain has it's own magic. I love how it smells!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this post Kristine. It is rainy here today and we are dealing with mud on the farm. A reminder of the benefits of rain is welcomed!

    ReplyDelete

Easter 2024

      Easter seemed to be early this year, so I checked the earliest and latest dates it can fall, which can be anywhere from March 22 to Ap...