What's on the Menu? ~ by Grace Augustine

I'm in a rut. I need new recipes instead of revisiting all of the tried and true weekly ones I've been cooking. Variety needs to happen. So, in looking through many recipes this week...I've found a few that sound delicious and have tried a couple.  Here is one that I thought would be an easy, filling, comfort food-like meal on a snowy winter day/night.  

photo courtesy of rockrecipes.com


BAKED TERIYAKI CHICKEN    Serves 5      425 degree oven

Mix together in saucepan on low heat, stir frequently, and cook until sauce thickens and bubbles.

1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp cold water
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 C soy sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger (can use fresh)
1/4 C cider vinegar
1 clove garlic...minced fine
1/4 tsp black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper and make sure you spray it with oil.
2. For chicken...you can use 12 thighs or wings/drummies, or 4-5 breast halves, depending on size.
3. Dip chicken breasts in sauce and place on prepared pan.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, basting occasionally with remainder of sauce.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sesame seeds.

I liked serving this with a mixture of red quinoa and wild rice, but you can serve however pleases your tastes. This would pair well with broccoli, too.

*************

In February, I will be exploring decadent desserts for all of those February birthdays and Valentine's day.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sometimes Life Does Imitate Art

  The book I’m currently working on features a protagonist who is an assistant manager at a food bank. The idea came to me because I love vo...