Wildlife and Nature Photography by Mark Townsend

Nature and wildlife photography take a good eye and good camera equipment to capture just the right shot of your subject. Sometimes you wait for hours and others you wait seconds. Here are just a few of the memories captured by photographer, Mark Townsend.


copyright/Mark Townsend








October 2, 2018 This Semi came driving along while I was trying to get a photo of the color along the Swan Valley road. I almost did not take this photo waiting to let the truck pass. I am glad I did not wait. I feel it adds to the Montana roads we travel on.









The Driveway into the Marcus Daly Mansion was closed by the
Marcus Daly Mansion driveway
time we went past it. I stopped at the gate and took a few photos to show how the trees are turning to fall colors. By early next week they should be fantastic. If you have not been to the Mansion, it is well worth the ride to see it. Just north of Hamilton, Montana on East Side Road. I am sure if you search for it, the website can give you exact miles and times that it is open to the Public.




Looking West from the road called Wild Fowl Lane that runs
Lee Metcalf Refuge Bitterroot Mountains






through Lee Metcalf Refuge. The sun came out just enough to give some color to the woods and the fog opened enough to see the Bitterroots. Still some frost and snow on the tips of the trees.







Skalkaho Falls copyright Mark Townsend
 
Today, though, we switched gears and direction. Around 2PM the sun was out, and the day was turning rather nice. I said... Let’s head up to Skalkaho Falls and see if there is any snow around it. We packed up some water and clothing, just in case, grabbed Punkin and headed out.  By the time we got up to the Falls, the sun was down behind the mountain to the west of the falls. It was now covered in dark shadow. I set up my camera to get the best settings I could for the photos.


copyright Mark Townsend

I enjoy seeing how the photos come out in Black/White. I think it gives them so much more of a rugged not-to-be-messed-with look. The clouds broke up just right to add a lot to the photos. I feel a few clouds in a photos sets off the photos.  Keep watching More photos of the Bison Range to come.


Lynn and I saw a lot of these little guys running all over trying to
chipmunk copyright Mark Townsend
gather food before the snow covers it all. They don’t stand still for long, so you have to be ready to take photos as you can. I stayed very still, and he stepped out of the bushes on the side of the road. I got two photos. I like how they came out... Lots of other animals to see at the Bison Range.




Here are some random wildlife photos:



Turkey in a tree copyright Mark Townsend


A flock of pelicans copyright Mark Townsend



Whitetail buck  copyright Mark Townsend
 
Photo bomb by a deer copyright Mark Townsend


Our journey wouldn't be complete without more of that beautiful Montana landscape.









**All photos used in this post are the property of Mark Townsend Photography and may not be copied or used in any form without permission.





Mark Townsend and his wife, Lynn, live in Montana with their dog, Punkin. If you like Mark's photography, please let him know by checking out his Facebook page, link provided below.



13 comments:

  1. Mark, enjoyable to have you as our guest today. You definitely have an eye for your surroundings. I appreciate you've captured it through the lens and can share your work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photographs! A beautiful and enlightening trip through Montana through your eyes. Thank you so much for letting us tag along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you a relatively new comer in the field of digital photography? If you are, well, you should know this: It is hell of a ride! You will need a course on Photography for Beginners. Almost every person now is becoming an enthusiast with this new comer. If you ask why, well, the answer would be obvious: Eliminated use of negatives, no more money funding for dark room construction, no more bitrates and those chemicals, and no more messed up film jack. The new generation need Photography for Beginners, therefore, says hi to digital photography. photography workshop kolkata

    ReplyDelete
  4. the entirety has its value. thanks for sharing this informative citation when us. accurate works! photography blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. bryllupsfotograf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Nice material, do keep me posted when you post something like this again! I will visit this blog leaps and bounds for more quality posts like it. Thanks... agence de pub

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing a bunch of this quality contents, I have bookmarked your blog. Please also explore advice from my site. I will be back for more quality contents. childcare photography

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing a bunch of this quality contents, I have bookmarked your blog. Please also explore advice from my site. I will be back for more quality contents. childcare photography

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing a bunch of this quality contents, I have bookmarked your blog. Please also explore advice from my site. I will be back for more quality contents. Fotografo bodas bilbao

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. 360 tours

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! Austin Matterport

    ReplyDelete
  13. A career in photography can be a lucrative and rewarding experience and the choices are many for any budding photographers in today's modern and digital world. However, competition is fierce in the photography industry with only the most dedicated students making a successful career for themselves. photobooth Dubai

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes Life Does Imitate Art

  The book I’m currently working on features a protagonist who is an assistant manager at a food bank. The idea came to me because I love vo...