The Art of Fluid Acrylics ~ by Artist Joyce Boyce

Clock

My expressive paintings are process driven; a meditation that allows me to tap into a connection to the world around me. Words, rhythms, images, sounds, and experiences that evoke a visceral response in me become the source and the reservoir that I draw from when I paint. 



Zia
Manipulation of paints and additives are used to create tension: warm colors vs. cool, texture vs. smooth. A painting is not complete until I sense in it a certain life or spirit. 
4 x 4 heat resistant coaster tiles

Ultimately, it is all about the process and the physical act of creation, becoming the brush, responding to the surface, the discovery, and the evolution of the painting as it changes. It is finding just the right balance between intention and intuition to bring the composition to a satisfying conclusion.

The dynamics of each fluid acrylic painting, coaster, or piece of jewelry can never be precisely duplicated; therefore, the uniqueness of individual pieces are treasured as being a window into the spiritual nature of life. 
Fluid Acrylic Handmade Jewelry

Individual financial budgets for art vary, and I consider that when we meet to discuss what your vision is, what you would like me to create. I create art for anyone who wishes to own a unique creation from my studio for any budget. I guarantee it will be a piece of artwork you will appreciate and love for many years to come.
Fluid Acrylic Handmade Jewelry

My art work includes recycled LP records that I turn into clocks, high heat resistant ceramic coaster tiles, 3D sculptures-like the beautiful Zia, and many on canvas of all sizes. My work is represented in Galleries in Santa Fe and Taos, New Mexico. I would love for you to visit me and my studio.

Joyce Boyce, an emerging fluid acrylics artist, resides in Santa Fe, New Mexico. She is self taught in the creation of this unique style of expressive art representing the emotional challenge of allowing the mixtures of paint, additives and gravity to become the master of the artist rather than the artist mastering the paint. Her varied styling allows for organic shapes to spontaneously appear creating a free-flowing composition of motion and energy, evoking a feeling of peace and calmness or of conflict and turbulence as the viewer meditates on the symbolism that speaks directly to them. To learn more about what Joyce offers, you may contact her via the links below.

INSTAGRAM
EMAIL




5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the opportunity to be part of this amazing 'creator' blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy to have you as our guest, Joyce. Your artwork is stunning! Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Joyce! Thank you for sharing your amazing art with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your work, Joyce. The Southwest influence shows.

    ReplyDelete

Easter 2024

      Easter seemed to be early this year, so I checked the earliest and latest dates it can fall, which can be anywhere from March 22 to Ap...