Valentine's Day, Always ~by Lexa Fisher


Photo by Wyron A on Unsplash

Yes, Valentine's Day has passed, but love goes on, doesn't it? 



Valentine's Day is a special day for love. I send only a few Valentine's day cards and I love to make my own. Red, pink, and even purple are favorite colors for cards this month, as are flowers and, of course hearts.


A couple of years ago my favorite card supply store started featuring a once-monthly noon class to make lunch love notes. Now, I not only put them in my husband's lunch, but tuck them around the things he takes to work as a surprise that he very much enjoys finding. 

Hubby also gets into the act with my hobby by making me stencils on his 3D printer. He bought me the Glaminator for Christmas--a laminator specially for adding foil to cards as seen here.



A few special cards this year started like this.

And from all of these pieces, these cards resulted.










For me, love is trust and integrity, and I emphasize this in my books. Love may be finding a missing piece of yourself in someone else. When you're a romance writer, love is special every day of the year.

As I finish up this post, I've just spent half of one day in urgent care with my husband, most of the next day in the ER where he had emergency surgery, and all of the next day in the hospital with him. 

Yes, love is EVERYDAY, 24x7. And hubby is on the road to recovery.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sometimes Life Does Imitate Art

  The book I’m currently working on features a protagonist who is an assistant manager at a food bank. The idea came to me because I love vo...