La Pasta!

 

This month brought more delightful neighborhood finds! I enjoyed my recent purchase of carrot cake granola from a nearby farmers’ market, but couldn’t get to the market to pick up more the following week. Happily, I discovered that not only is it available at a store just 1.5 miles from my home, but the store also carries many other locally made products I enjoy. 

That store, a tiny little place called La Pasta, makes various pastas (it’s in the name 😀) from scratch right there on site. My husband brought home smoked salmon ravioli, and it cooked up beautifully. A lot of ravioli will split open on the sides as it boils, but not La Pasta’s!


Back to the granola that I love, I picked up some locally made cherry apricot along with hazelnut espresso and peanut butter chocolate chip from the Camano Crunch Company. All of them are so delicious with Greek yogurt. The current seasonal special is winter spiced apple, which I'll be sure to try.

I was also delighted to find the elderberry tea that I’ve been looking for since I got it at another farmers’ market several months ago. Shrub vinegars are another beverage that I enjoy, and at La Pasta I found some new shrub flavors that are made locally.

 

How wonderful to have locally made and grown nutritious food so close to home!

Can breakfast get any better? Yes, those are full-size chocolate chips in the peanut butter chocolate chip granola!



No comments:

Post a Comment

La Pasta!

  This month brought more delightful neighborhood finds! I enjoyed my recent purchase of carrot cake granola from a nearby farmers’ market ,...