Fall Days ~ by Author Jennifer Daniels

September and October are a couple of my favorite months of the year.  A lot of times in September it is still warm enough to wear shorts and enjoy a light warm breeze during the day. There are so many things you can do this time of year and one of them for me is going for a ride and looking at the trees changing colors. I love the greens turning into yellows and the oranges turning into reds. The peak of the leaves changing happened in Upstate, NY the last week of September. It was simply beautiful.

I love the smell in the air. In the evening when things are cooling down, the air smells so crisp and clean. In the mornings, it smells like dried up leaves and fresh pine needles.

This is the time of year when everyone starts thinking about the
holidays. I love to decorate for Halloween. This year is the exception because we are having a huge house overhaul. We are adding a three-stall garage, new roof, and siding. I cannot wait to see it but that means I cannot decorate outside. But next year will look incredible. (I hope.)

Many of you already know this about me, I hate to cook. I can do it but I loathe it! I do, however, like to bake. During this time of year, I always make homemade pumpkin pie, crust and all. I add a thick layer of cream cheese mixture to the bottom of the crust before I add my fresh pumpkin. Let me tell you, it is to die for! I often make it for my dad to take into hunting camp. Also, when the men are in camp, my mom, sister, and the other ladies in the family usually get together for crafting. My sister and I have an overnight Halloween Hallmark Movie night. We love to watch The Good Witch and perhaps have a glass or two of wine.


What is your favorite thing to do in the fall? Carve pumpkins? Bake? Go to an orchard to pick apples? There are so many fall things to do. I hope you all have a fun and wonderful fall season.

Check out Jennifer's other blog posts by clicking HERE

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer, your photos are beautiful. It looks like a lovely place to call home. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Better than Johnboy Walton! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was raised in Iowa and always loved the fall colors and the smell of bonfires.

    ReplyDelete

Easter 2024

      Easter seemed to be early this year, so I checked the earliest and latest dates it can fall, which can be anywhere from March 22 to Ap...