Guilty Pleasures ~ Jacquolyn McMurray


Photo by Christian Wiediger on Unsplash
Last week, one of my longtime friends and I got on the topic of favorite YouTube videos. We giggled when we admitted to one another the music videos of little kids with big voices was at the top of our go-to lists--you know the ones that make Simon Cowell swipe at tears while trying to maintain the persona of the gruff judge. 


We agreed we also love those flash mob videos, and I even confessed my obsession with the wedding dance performances. And how about the flash mob for the marriage proposal? 

So that conversation got me thinking about other guilty pleasures that make me feel like I'm taking time to treat myself. Maybe you enjoy some of the same treats.

How about Half & Half instead of skim milk in your morning coffee, dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts tucked in your lunchbox, or the Crunchy Cheetos that stain your fingers orange?


Photo by Oksana on Unsplash







Lots of my guilty pleasures revolve around food--like when I go to a fancy restaurant at lunchtime and order only dessert and coffee. 






Photo by David Hurley on Unsplash






Or when I go to the movies and ruin my next meal by eating popcorn with Milk Duds mixed in and drinking a jumbo Coke. 






wish I could say that's the end, but there are other guilty pleasures that feel like treats, like scheduling my part-time hours at work so I get a three- or four-day weekend, binge watching reruns of Friends or King of Queens, and scheduling a whole day to do as I please with no expectations, lists, or guilt.

Photo by JESHOOTS.COM on Unsplash
Maybe I've stumbled on a New Year's Resolution. Schedule time for myself free of guilt and treats that don't count as calories. Until next month, gotta' go. I just heard YouTube has a new Simon Cowell video.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm guilty pleasures...love that you do this, Jacquolyn! Thanks for sharing your guilty pleasures with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an easy list to make and it could have been much longer!

      Delete

Easter 2024

      Easter seemed to be early this year, so I checked the earliest and latest dates it can fall, which can be anywhere from March 22 to Ap...