Fun at the Track ~ by Author Jennifer Daniels


 TRX-4 Sport – Green Truck/Vaterra Ascender – Yellow Truck

Picture this… Me, the only woman sitting in the pits with her
husband and son watching them practice and play with their RC-- remote-control race cars. You would think this is a hobby for just the young, but oh no, most of the people that go there are regulars-- grown men hiding from their wives.

It’s a 2 ½ hour drive to get to the track, so we combined the trips.
TRAAXAS Slash - Pink and Black truck 
We all had appointments in Syracuse, NY and decided to stop at Underground RC in Clay, NY at the Great Northern Mall after our appointments.

Some of you would be tickled to be at the mall, but not me. I hate
to shop. It would have been perfect had there been a bookstore, but nope, nothing. And you can only shop at Bath and Body for so long, so back to the track I go.

My son and husband both have several different varieties of RC
cars. Today they brought their TRAXXAS 4-TEC. The guys always make a day of it. So, for one day I suck it up and deal with it. After waiting five hours, watching everyone practice, the race was cancelled. Did we leave? Oh no, we stuck around for two more hours. Now, remember folks, we still have a drive home and need something to eat.

My husband’s car is the white '71 Camaro and my son's is the black
 4-Tec – Black Trans-AM and White Camaro before
'71 Pontiac Trans-AM. This was our son's Christmas present and my husband painted them both. They often buy the car bodies and paint them together.

There are two tracks at this course. One is a road course track and the other is a short course track with tons of jumps laid out throughout the course. But for as much as I complain, I love watching the short course races. They are lot of fun.

I will show the before and after pictures of just the practice on the
4-Tec – Black Trans-AM and White Camaro  After
road course. This wasn’t even the bashing races.

For anyone who has young or "adult" children, this is a fun sport to spend time with your kids. It can be pricey, but for those of us who live in the country, it’s a fun hobby and something that a father and son can work on together.

If you want to watch any of their shenanigans you can look on my son's YouTube Channel @ Maximum RPM.


Happy Racing!





 

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful man-bonding hobby! Thanks for sharing with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is so good for them. And when they actually race it's fun to watch them race against each other. They are so competitive...

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes Life Does Imitate Art

  The book I’m currently working on features a protagonist who is an assistant manager at a food bank. The idea came to me because I love vo...