Take a Bow ~by Linda Boulanger


On the heels of a recent announcement that I would be retiring from cover designing, I received notification that one of my designs has reached the Finalist round in the coveted InD'tale Magazine's RONE Awards. So, what's a RONE and why do designers want one? Well, let's look at that...


That's verbatim from the InDescribe RONE Awards site. You can see that they consider the covers to be among the best in book cover designs. A cover has to first be picked from all the covers submitted in a particular time period where it is pitted against other covers. If it makes the cut there in the monthly contest, it is then voted on by the public to decide whether it should be sent to a panel of professional judges who award the prestigious RONE award.

Whew! Just getting to that point where the cover gets sent to the judges' panel is a HUGE honor, and I'm so pleased that Grace Augustine's Secrets of Dalgaard Castle has made it to that level.


It's an awesome story by a wonderful author and the cover is one of my all-time favorite covers to have designed, so I'm super proud of it on many levels. And whether it wins or not, I'm pleased to have been given this opportunity, to be in the running with designers that I am in awe of, and to take a bow on such a positive note as the curtain falls on this particular phase of my life.

This isn't my first finalist badge, and it wouldn't be my first glass trophy from InD'tale if the judges pick my design, but there is the possibility that it could very well be my swan song. I couldn't be more pleased that this honor came at this time.

If you'd like to see the other 2019 RONE Cover Finalists, you'll find them here: https://www.indtale.com/2019-rone-cover-finalists. There are some amazing covers in there with Secrets of Dalgaard Castle tucked in among the Fantasy/Sci Fi category. 

I'd like to end by saying thank you to Grace and to the many authors who have entrusted me with their covers over the years. Giving readers their first glimpse of the story they'll find inside has been such a pleasure. And although I have found myself needing more time to focus on family matters, I also plan to work more on my own writing, so we'll see each other around.

And with that, as Tell~Tale Book Covers, I bid you Adieu.





2 comments:

  1. I'm so honored to have worked with you on this project! Your eye for detail and ability to bring stories to life on the covers of the books amazes me. While the industry has lost one of the best cover designers, it is gaining a wonderful storyteller. Good luck with your new adventures and I wish you all the best with your writing career!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gave me chills... You have so many more adventures to come for you and I can't wait to read them.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes Life Does Imitate Art

  The book I’m currently working on features a protagonist who is an assistant manager at a food bank. The idea came to me because I love vo...