An Interview with Author George Yuhasz

Welcome, George. It's nice having you as our guest today. Let's get started.


Where do you get your inspiration?     
    I find inspiration everywhere and it often takes you completely by surprise. Little did I know that when I attended my granddaughter’s 9th birthday party that she would inspire me to write a children’s story.


What is your favorite book?
     I actually have three: TRINITY by Leon Uris; ATLAS SHRUGGED by Ayn Rand, and SEVEN PILLARS OF WISDOM by T.E. Lawrence.

What does success mean to you as a writer?
     I have been blessed to have won several awards for my first book. Sales have been good. However, these things are wonderful but it is the pronouncement by someone who says they really like the book, have enjoyed the read, or absolutely love the story that translates into the best success as a writer for me. I love bringing joy and a positive experience to my readers.

What is something your readers would be surprised to know about you?
     My Native American grandmother raised me and she was a healer who taught me the ways of the forest and about herbs and natural health. She and her training have always been an important part of my life. About sixteen years ago I received additional education as a traditional naturopath, clinical hypnotherapist, and reflexologist-becoming certified in all these modalities.

What sports have you played?
     In my youth, I played baseball and basketball mainly. In high school, I began running competitively and went on to excel at the university level in cross country and track. These days I enjoy hiking, leisurely forest walks, and swimming long distances for a more intense workout.

What do you value most as a writer?
      Holding myself accountable to bring out my best efforts in creating meaningful stories that are entertaining and thought provoking-encouraging love, friendship, hope, kindness, and respect for our natural world.

Thank you for being with us today, George. We look forward to seeing many more books from you.

George Yuhasz
Award-winning author George Yuhasz is a passionate advocate for the preservation and protection of our natural world. A proud father and grandfather and lifelong learner, he especially delights in sharing with children and adults, his knowledge and enthusiasm for appreciating the joy and wonder of connecting with nature. A graduate of American University’s Schools of International Service and Government, he also holds an M.A. degree in psychology from the University of Northern Colorado.      George is a former U.S. government special agent and contractor, as well as having worked in the private sector as a private investigator and security consultant. A special experience in his life was coaching the Allegheny College cross country team from 1984-1998. 

An avid traveler, George has visited over 120 countries for either work or leisure, in addition to having traveled extensively throughout the U.S. He lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina and enjoys exploring the many small towns and villages that make up this culturally rich and fascinating area.

When not writing or traveling, he enjoys hiking, bird watching, swimming, and listening to 1960's and new age music. George is a Life Member of both the Nature Conservancy and the Sierra Club and participates frequently in citizen activism in various forms supporting these and other environmental organizations. He is currently working on another children’s story and a suspense novel.

He can be contacted through the following links:


7 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have family inspired books. Thank you for being our guest today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome and thanks for sharing a little about yourself, George.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacquolyn. Thank you for welcoming me and it's my pleasure to introduce myself to you and other readers. Please feel free to ask questions about myself and/or my writing.

      Delete
  3. It's my pleasure, Grace. Thank you for the opportunity to be part of ENCOURAGING INSPIRATION TO FLOURISH. What a wonderful title!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne Jaytanie, my co-admin came up with that. It truly speaks to who and what we are.

      Delete
  4. I LOVED Atlas Shrugged!!! ❤️
    Thank you for this interview. Great to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marj. It's my pleasure. Thee is also a movie ATLAS SHRUGGED which I believe you can access on Netflix. Wishing you all the best, George

      Delete

Easter 2024

      Easter seemed to be early this year, so I checked the earliest and latest dates it can fall, which can be anywhere from March 22 to Ap...