The moments in-between~by Joanne Jaytanie


So, here we are. A new year just around the bend. Not only a new year. A new decade. I don’t know about you, but a new decade sounds daunting to me. Where did this decade go? 

We’ve all aged ten years. We’ve experienced fabulous years and painful years. It’s natural, I suppose, to recall the best and the worst of every year. To focus on the tears you’ve shed and the celebrations you’ve basked in. 

But what about all the little, everyday things in-between? Enjoying a conversation and a cup of coffee with a friend. Taking a walk with your dog in the quiet morning before the world around you wakes. Discovering your next favorite book or movie. Making a new friend. Welcoming a new puppy or kitty into the family. Finding a new hobby. 

When you stop and think about it, it’s the small stuff that serves as the glue to hold your day, your week, and even your year together. These are the moments that fill in and all around the milestones of your life. 

Revel in your milestones. But don’t forget to appreciate the everyday moments, for they are the foundation of our lives.





Wishing you a joyous 2020 filled with magical moments and a magnificent milestone or two. 

Until next time...
Joanne

    

8 comments:

  1. I love what you said about the little things being the glue that fills in the gaps and holds things together. We do need to appreciate those "little things" more. Wishing you a fabulous 2020 with good health, great writing, and more love than your heart and soul can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always stop to enjoy the blessing along the way. There will be those moments of pain, grief, and disappointments but by far the joy in those little surprises along the way. I am setting up a gratitude jar for myself for 2020 just for this reason. Need to remember the little things along that journey. Many happy days to you and all of yours in 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And to you! I think a gratitude jar is a great idea.

      Delete
  3. I used to keep a somewhat daily journal to help me remember all those small things. I left off doing it, but after having read it recently and been reminded of all the great people and events in my life, I think I'm going to pick it up again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lovely idea, Marj. I may have to give it a try.

      Delete
  4. How important it is to remember the small things that make up the bulk of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Jacquolyn. I've noticed that many times it is those small things I recall most fondly.

      Delete

Sometimes Life Does Imitate Art

  The book I’m currently working on features a protagonist who is an assistant manager at a food bank. The idea came to me because I love vo...