Merry Christmas by the Orginality by Design Members



We all have our Christmas Story~Ralph Duncan

One of my first memories of Christmas goes back to 1953 (I think). My family was living in Kodiak, Alaska at the time. My dad bought me a new train set along with a model town and train station to go with it. He spent most of the night setting it up and getting it running, and had it running when I woke up on Christmas day. 

The way my dad told the story, I walked into the room past the tree, stepped right over the train set up to some other gift “Santa” had left for me. Well, who knows, but, my Grandfather had his own version. He saw the picture of the “town” sometime later that year when we moved back to the lower 48 and pronounced that he “knew that town” and had been there many times.

I had no idea that some 65 years later this would be one of my strongest childhood memories and probably my first and Christmas memory. Out of that year, during those short days of winter in the north, came some of my most favorite memories of the season. 

These days, it is about the season for me, about the
meaning and the making of new memories. I relish the feeling of the season, the buzz, the songs, and yes even have to admit to more than a few Hallmark movies. The last few years I have tried to make some piece of art to mark my favorite time of year. Here are a few. 

This year my thoughts are with a young father long ago, who, very later one night, with a newborn on the way, desperately search for a safe place to rest his family. I have known what must have been his worry and the fear of wondering how they would make it through that night.



I made a simple piece I titled, “No Room at the Inn.”  

The streets are dark; the door is locked. No one will offer a safe place for this young father and his family. The only place he could find is in the barn with the animals. But, that night, his family became arguably the most well known and cherished family in all of history. It was a wonderful beginning. 

My wish for all of you is that you relish your memories, make new wonderful ones, and you find peace for you and your families.
****
Jacquolyn McMurray



May the joy of Christmas Day linger.












****
Grace Augustine

In my home we celebrate the birth of Jesus. So on this most holy of nights, from my home to yours...may you be filled with the love and wonder of this season. Merry Christmas.


****
Kristine Raymond

Merry Christmas from the Raymond family to yours. Wishing you a joyous day.

****
Christmas Magic is in the Air~by Joanne Jaytanie

We spent our holiday season at the happiest place on earth, Disney World. It was magical — the perfect place to celebrate the season. One night we had the opportunity to see, The Christmas Candlelight Procession. The orchestra and chorus were fabulous. As I listened to the music, I thought of the hours and hours of practicing that went into learning the songs. I started picking out individual parts, and a flood of memories filled my mind — memories of my school years when music was not only my past time but my passion. 






I was one of those people who spent hours upon hours practicing. I played piano for years, which was beneficial for all the other avenues in my musical world. I played the French Horn for concerts and Mellophone for marching band. Then, there was my first love…singing. I was active in chorus, sang solos, duets, and was part of a quartet. I was active in musicals, once as a lead character, sang at All-State, and on weekends in my church choir. Music was my life, my escape, a place of peace and joy, the place I loved most. Christmas was the best time of the year. We had our Christmas chorus concert, band concert, and I sang every weekend at church-yes music filled the air.

As I listened to the Christmas Candlelight Procession, I looked around at the audience. People from all around the world were marveling at the wonder and beauty of the event. I wish every day was the Christmas season. It's during this time of the year that people have more compassion, more hope, more willingness to help. If we could carry the feeling with us throughout the entire year…the world could be a magical place.

Immerse yourself in the spirit of the season.

****


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from our members:
Cynthia Land
Kim Hornsby
Linda Boulanger
Victoria Zumbrum
Lori Crecelius Roberts 
Darlene Kuncytes
Chad Elliott
Shannon Bineger-Foster
Dennis Green
Ruth Ross
Jacquolyn McMurray
Ralph Duncan
Kristine Raymond
Grace Augustine
Joanne Jaytanie
 ****************
You can find an up-to-date list of each member's blog posts on their personal page.






2 comments:

Easter 2024

      Easter seemed to be early this year, so I checked the earliest and latest dates it can fall, which can be anywhere from March 22 to Ap...