Saying Goodbye to 2020 ~ by Darlene Kuncytes

Well. It’s almost time to say goodbye to a year that I can honestly say, I don’t think anyone expected or will miss.

A year that has taken its toll on us in so many ways. Ways that are still too painful to think about.

I know that this year has been a rough one, and I am praying with everything I’ve got that 2021 will be a new beginning. That it will be an upswing for us all.

I was sitting over the holiday, missing the fact that we could not celebrate like we normally do, and something hit me. We are experiencing this, not just as a nation but in unison with the entire world.

Everyone on the entire planet is going through the same thing that we are at the same time. They are feeling the same things.

That is mind-blowing.

I know it’s been really hard to find the good in this year…but it’s there. We simply need to look. I admit, we have to look a bit harder, but we also need to remember to look. It’s much to easy to wallow in the bad. To lose ourselves in self-pity, when that serves no purpose.

There were babies born. Lives joined together in marriage. Laughter being shared. Perhaps it was over face-time or zoom, but it was still shared.

This may sound strange, but we STILL stand together even when we are divided.

Yes, this has been a dark year, but I have faith that we will persevere. We will climb this mountain and hopefully really learn how important the small things are. The things we have been taking for granted.

Hopefully we will truly learn how we need to treasure every single moment. Every single memory – new and old.

I look forward to the new year. To what will hopefully be new beginnings that are joyous and healing.

Yes. We have a long way to go, and when that clock strikes midnight, it’s not going to miraculously just flip us out of this nightmare.


That being said, I am choosing to look at that strike of midnight as something so much stronger than anything else. 

I am choosing to look at that strike of midnight as the signal of hope.
The signal of better things to come. 

Thank you for being a part of my year. You all have been one of the good things that I hold on to. 

Happy New Year and here’s to hope.
Darlene

Pictures courtesy of google

3 comments:

Easter 2024

      Easter seemed to be early this year, so I checked the earliest and latest dates it can fall, which can be anywhere from March 22 to Ap...