When You're Weary, Feeling Small ~ Jacquolyn McMurray


Weary 
Have you ever had a particular song get stuck in your head? Ever had lyrics go into auto rewind and the accompanying music lull you into some form of reverie that cushions you from reality? 

That's where I'm at with Paul Simon's "Bridge Over Troubled Water." 

Do you remember the lines? When you're weary...feeling small?

Feeling Small 
I've experienced plenty of days when I needed a nap and felt like I wasn't big enough/experienced enough/wise enough to tackle the most mundane chores before me.  

And then a little miracle happens and someone calls, or texts, or posts something encouraging on facebook and I'm recharged and ready to tackle my most difficult tasks. 

And during these uncertain times, I'm fortunate to have a husband to keep me company while we self-isolate and lots of friends and family who cheer me on when I'm feeling down. 

Not everyone has what I have. Some live alone. Some struggle with a lack of social contacts. And these folks might not be the ones you think are struggling. 

There's plenty we can we do to bridge the troubled waters --pick up the phone and call or text someone you haven't talked to in a long while, post positive messages on social media, write a letter to someone who would love to hear from you, or post funny signs in your front yard (my husband's specialty).


Lawn Decorations


I'm on your side, Paul Simon sings, when times get rough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-XCmb6t6Zw








We're in this together, so let's practice hopeful, uplifting behaviors. 



Hope. It's the bridge over troubled waters. 









6 comments:

  1. Love the article Jacquolyn, thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debby. I love Simon and Garfunkle's music.

      Delete
  2. Awesome Jack! Thanks for posting Greg's yard signs. He's so funny! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He changes those signs every day. So like him, isn't it?

      Delete

Easter 2024

      Easter seemed to be early this year, so I checked the earliest and latest dates it can fall, which can be anywhere from March 22 to Ap...