Take Time to Notice ~ Jacquolyn McMurray

I try to take a walk every day and often follow the same paths in my neighborhood.  I'm fortunate to live in a rural area of Hawai'i that allows me the option of walking in our orchards, on the road, or through the state forestry land upland from our farm. 



Sometimes, I walk with friends and we chat about this and that. Kristin, my writing partner, and I  take a walk part way through our day of writing and use the time to sort out our plots, discuss writing methods we've tried, or share our writing aspirations.

Sometimes, I listen to an audiobook, especially when I'm at a critical part in the story and can't tear myself away.

And sometimes, more often than not these days, I use the walk to appreciate the natural world.  I take my phone with me and watch for interesting shapes, colors, and textures to photograph.






Stopping to wonder slows me down, but that's okay. How did this paperbark tree end up with a branch that wraps around the trunk as if hugging it?

















I marvel at the bee gathering nectar from a blossoming passion fruit flower.
















Perhaps the bee came from the hive that's nestled inside this tree trunk.








Do you see what I see?  From this angle, this tree stump looks like a horse's head.


I'm much more relaxed when I spend time appreciating the natural beauty around me. And Mother Nature does not let me down. She supplies me with natural wonders every day as long as I take the time to notice.




8 comments:

  1. There is something about being outside, fresh air, sprinkles, sun on your shoulders, or dullness from clouds...regardless, all make you reflective, and all make your soul a bit lighter. Thanks for sharing the beauty surrounding your walks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Let me know when you take your next walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are amazing! I saw the cover photo & remembered taking that walk with you! ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the forest walk. We should do the walk soon now that you are back in Ka'u.

      Delete
  4. You have the perfect place to walk. There's always something new to explore. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Easter 2024

      Easter seemed to be early this year, so I checked the earliest and latest dates it can fall, which can be anywhere from March 22 to Ap...